Interview with Founder All That It Seams, Caitlin Childs

Caitlin Childs started sewing when she was just eight years old. At age fifteen, Caitlin learned to knit. From that point on, she began making all of her own accessories. When she got married, Caitlin took a job as a seamstress and perfected her sewing skills. From that point, she took another job as a boutique manager and learned the ins and outs of the fashion industry. Once Caitlin felt like she had enough skills and knowledge to pursue her dreams, she took the plunge and opened her own business in 2016. Since then, Caitlin have received a celebrity endorsement with each product launch and have been able to partner with multiple animal shelters.

It's my pleasure to introduce Caitlin.


Faten Abdallah (FA): Why did you become an entrepreneur?
Caitlin Childs (CC):  I don’t think that becoming an entrepreneur was ever something that I “decided” to do. It was more like a calling for me. I was being drawn to the career that allowed me to showcase my talents and pursue my passions.

FA: What have you learned about yourself as an entrepreneur?
CC:  I’m definitely more resilient than I thought I was. Before owning my own business, when problems would arise, I would let them get me down for days at a time. Now, I’ve learned that when faced with a challenge, I just have to put my head down and figure out a way around it. 

FA:  How do you find the latest fashion classics and trends?
CC:  I spend a lot of time on Pinterest. As crazy as it sounds, pinterest is a great resource for the newest upcoming fashion trends.

FA: What makes your clothing business different than other clothing businesses? 
CC: Whenever I was working as a boutique manager, I noticed that in the world of women’s fashion accessories, you can either choose between fashionable or functional. It’s nearly impossible to find products that meet both criteria. I wanted to bridge that gap and create accessories that are not only functional for everyday life, but that have their own classic sense of style as well. 

FA: You have some partnerships. Please tell us about them. 
CC: We have the privilege of partnering with several animal shelters in an attempt to make sure that every shelter animal is provided with the emotional and physical care they deserve. A portion of our proceeds each month are donated to this cause.

We’re very excited to announce our new fall/winter product line launching in October. We will be offering a wide variety of bags and accessories designed specifically for cooler weather.  

 Our website is www.allthatitseams.com. We can also be found on Facebook (facebook.com/allthatitseams) and Instagram (@allthatitseams).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

wibiya widget

Facebook and Twitter