Interview with Fitness expert Sloane Davis on flexible dieting and healthy lifestyle

A mother of two, throughout her 30’s and 40's, Sloane Davis starved herself so that the scale read a certain number. Hungry, unhappy and deprived, in her 40’s Sloane decided to end the obsession with food, intense cardio and on transition her mind and body – and did it work! See her profile in PEOPLE.com and RECENT TV http://pancakesandpush-ups.com/.

I had the privilege of interviewing Sloane.

Faten Abdallah (FA): When was your wake up call in getting on the healthy path?
Sloane Davis (SD): My wake up call was when I started to increase calories and saw that I was able to lose weight.  I never realized how unhealthy my relationship with food was. I thought that it was ok to live on vegetables and grilled chicken and to feel guilty for having a scoop of ice cream.  I am so liberated now that I have found flexible dieting and am able to eat whatever I want and achieve the body I strive for.

FA: What is macros based flexible dieting?
SD: Macros (macronutrients) are proteins, fats and carbs.  Each gram of protein and carbs is 4 calories, and each gram of fat is 9 calories.  So while we still work off of total calories for weight loss or muscle building, I break it down one step further into macros so that your body is getting the proper nutrition for one’s goal.  Flexible dieting is that there are no foods you have to eat and no foods that are off limits.  If it fits your macros, you can eat it! It’s a wonderful way to live a healthy lifestyle as we all want what we can't have.  So if you take deprivation out of the equation, it results in long term sustainability.

FA: What have your learned about yourself as you became healthier and more fit?
SD: I have learned that I am able to motivate and inspire so many and that is the best feeling in the world!  I learned that I am so much stronger than I ever imagined possible and the empowerment that you get from lifting weights is incredible.  I learned that if I put my mind to it, I can achieve anything!

FA: What do you want people to know about getting healthy?
SD: That you don’t have to starve yourself to lose weight.  That you actually shouldn’t.  Weight loss should be slow and steady.  Long term consistency will yield the best results.   You can never out train a bad diet.  Most people think because they workout for an hour a day that they can lose weight.  Nutrition is 80% of the equation.  I would also encourage women to lift weights instead of spinning their wheels on the cardio machines.  Lifting weights will enable you to change your body, whereas cardio will only make you a smaller version of yourself.  If you have been on a “diet” for years and doing cardio and not seeing results, it’s time to switch things up.

Visit Sloane's website: www.pancakesandpush-ups.com and you can sign-up for a free 2 week trial period.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

wibiya widget

Facebook and Twitter