Friday Feature: Meet Tina Aldatz

According to the Small Business Administration, about half of all new establishments survive five years or more and only one-third survives 10 years or more. One success story is the business of Foot Petals, founded by successful Latina entrepreneur Tina Aldatz. Sharing her success secrets, Aldatz announced the nationwide release of her new autobiography, “From Stilettos to the Stock Exchange,” a compelling and heartwarming story of success against all odds.

Aldatz made her mark on the world as a self-starting entrepreneur and founder of Foot Petals, the revolutionary line of designer insole cushions for women’s high heels. Derived from a severe burn injury on both her feet as a child, Tina created Foot Petals to help fill a gap in the market for women’s high-heeled foot support. Through her strength and tenacity, Foot Petals became a successful multi-million dollar company recognized by Inc. 500 as one of the “500 fastest growing companies in America.” She has also been featured in Forbes Magazine as an “entrepreneur to watch” and was honored to become the 2011 National Latina Business Women Association’s (NLBWA) “Business Woman of the Year.”

Meet Tina Aldatz, a sucessful Latina Entrepreneur.


Faten Abdallah (FA): What was your life like growing up?
Tina Aldatz (TA):  My childhood was full of socio-economical challenges, including being a pediatric burn survivor and a victim of domestic and child abuse.  My past experiences taught me to chose to be opportunistic rather than a victim. I do not let me circumstances define me, I believe in the American Dream. 

FA: As a minority in the US, what kinds of challenges have you faced? 
TA: I have faced challenges being a minority as both a woman and Hispanic. As a half-Mexican and half-Irish descendant, I witnessed racial discrimination from both sides – but it also allowed me to conveniently “blend in” to whichever culture I was immersed in. I have always related more to my Mexican roots, being a Republican has helped me to navigate political and social activism – I like being a voice for immigrants, like my grandmother from Mexico, who sought new opportunities in the United States. 

FA: What made you want to be an entrepreneur? 
TA: I am a creative person by nature and I was disenchanted by the traditional love, marriage, family at a young age…so I dreamed of a world where I could be a “business woman,” perhaps seeking to control my environment and the impact it has on others.

FA: What advice do you have for females of color who to become entrepreneurs?
TA:  I advise joining groups and organizations with like-minded people – it has been a long time tried and true business strategy formerly known as the “good ol’ boys’ club.” 

FA: You run a business with your best friend.  How do you keep the professional and personal boundaries separate?
TA: We don’t – we crack each other up so much – sometimes we are like two laughing hyenas while the younger associates keep it buttoned up – but really it comes from a place of total respect. Her qualities are very different from mine. We know what we are good at, but more importantly, we know what we are not good at and that simple equation allows us to sit back and let expert drive.  


FA: Anything else you would like to add? 
TA:  Dedicated to overall travel wellness while offering lifestyle components for both personal and surface use. Savvy Travelers high performance products are individually packed in a disposable sheet form that remove 99% of surface contaminationProudly made in California, Savvy Travelers' line of convenient, single-use, eco-friendly, disposable products help consumers carry all of their must-haves while they travel for a healthy, easy, on-the-go experience. Keeping travelers healthy for all their destinations! Follow @Savvy_Travelers on social media and like us on Facebook.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

wibiya widget

Facebook and Twitter