Check Before You Post

You subscribe to newsletters.  Every few months, there may be a cool article or post that you would like to share with your audience or customers.  However, as a courtesy or professional standard procedure, you should always contact the source of the newsletter and seek permission to repost or republish the article.

This shows the source that someone is reading and appreciating their work.  From my own experiences, majority of the sources I have contacted have encouraged me to publish some of their work that I wanted to share with my readers.  So far, one has told me not to repost their article on my blogs, but they replied in a professional and friendly manner.  I respect that.  What would have happened if I reposted the article without their permission?  It would have probably hurt our professional relationships.

So, my dear readers always be clear in your communication. 

Posted via email from Tips, Thoughts and Ideas related to Media

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

wibiya widget

Facebook and Twitter